Eight Reasons You Should Have Your Ducts Cleaned
Clean air ducts result in improved indoor air quality and a more efficiently running HVAC system. But how do you know if your air ducts need to be cleaned? According to the EPA, there are a few signs to look for when considering having your ducts professionally cleaned:
- Visible mold growth inside ducts or other heating and cooling system components
- Rodents or insects inside ducts
- Excessive dust and debris inside ducts
In addition, you may consider having your ducts cleaned if:
- Number of pets in the home
- People who smoke in the home
- Recent home renovations
- Humid weather – which can cause moisture and mold to build up in your ductwork
- Overall home cleanliness – more frequently cleaned homes have less dust and debris that can build up in ducts
While it is safe to assume that over time, dust, pollen, pet dander and other allergens will accumulate in your ductwork, changing your furnace filters (is it time to change yours?) and maintaining your HVAC system through regular service check-ups can reduce the need for frequent cleanings. Cleaning your air ducts regularly, no matter when you do it, will help you save money in the long run because your system won’t have to work harder to heat or cool your home. Instead, it will work far more efficiently, resulting in a longer lifespan.
If you are unsure of the condition of your ducts, a qualified professional can evaluate whether they need to be cleaned. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) has set standards to help the consumer make sure they are getting the job done right.
Breathe easy knowing when you hire Apollo Home for Duct Cleaning, you are taking a great step to improve the health of your family, and efficiency of your home.