Drain Cleaning & Unclogging in Cincinnati
Drain clogged? Trust Apollo Home for professional drain cleaning and rooter services in the Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky area.
Homeowners understand why it’s important to invest in high-quality drain cleaning services. Getting your drains cleaned on a regular basis is a great way to keep your Cincinnati plumbing system working efficiently. At Apollo Home, we offer comprehensive drain cleaning and rooter services designed to keep your drains running smoothly.
Types of Clogged Drains We Can Handle
If you have a clogged drain, we can offer fast and reliable solutions. Give us a call and tell us what the issue is. Here are some common places we perform professional drain cleaning services:
- Bathroom, including toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and all other drains
- Kitchens, including sinks and dishwashers
- Basements, including washer drain, floor drain and all other wash basins
Trust the Pros for Drain Cleaning in Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
Drain cleaning, or rooter services, are performed using a jetting process shooting a specific amount of pressurized water into the drain system to fully clean out the pipes. Apollo Home’s plumbing experts may use a camera in the drain as the water attempts to rush through it to identify the clog. This gives our plumbers more information to resolve the issue.
While the snaking tool in a drain clearing punctures the blockage, drain cleaning sweeps the entire drain, removing any leftover debris remaining after drain clearing. The two procedures are most effective when used sequentially if the situation calls for it.
Regular maintenance can prevent a clogged drain from ruining your day. The pros at Apollo Home offer an EPA-authorized product called Bio-Clean. It’s eco-friendly, safe and works by using naturally occurring microorganisms to eat away at the variety of substances adhering to the pipes in your plumbing and treatment systems. Although it sounds like something from a sci-fi film, Bio-Clean is actually easy to use and inexpensive.
For difficult drain blockages – tree roots penetrating pipes, for example – Apollo Home’s Cincinnati plumbers will usually perform a camera inspection, sending a small camera down into the drain to observe the problem area before determining a resolution plan. In a severe case such as this, the pipe (or a section of the pipe) may need to be replaced.
Whatever the cause, blocked drains are best handled by professionals. The hassle of attempting a repair the problem yourself can be an exercise in frustration and wasted time, and rarely results in a satisfactory or permanent fix. Call us today to schedule fast and professional rooter services for your home!
Signs You Need a Video Camera Drain Inspection
You might need a drain line inspection if:
- Your home is over 10 years old, and you have never had the sewer and drain lines inspected.
- You’re buying an older home, and you don’t want any nasty surprises.
- You’ve noticed problems with the sewer line recently, such as slow drains, at least one clogged drain, clogged toilets, or shower and tub backups.
Apollo’s Drain Cleaning Checklist
Apollo Home’s licensed and trained Cincinnati plumbers are ready to help 24/7 and will go through the following steps to perform fast and effective rooter services.
Apollo Home will diagnose the situation by interviewing you about any history related to the situation, which will help better identify the issue. We also check the drains and toilets in the vicinity to help determine if the clog is affecting just the one drain or multiple drains.
- Find the closest access to get to the drain (sometimes it’s better to add an access point)
- Determine the best solution (cable, jetting or repair) for unclogging your drain and discuss all the options/methods
- Attempt to clear the drain using the agreed-upon method—90% of the time the problem can be solved and nothing further needs to be done
- In cases where the first method doesn’t resolve the clogs, other solutions will be needed—some of those problems could include: heavy grease build-up, bellied or sagging drain lines, limited access to the drain line, poor venting, broken or damaged drain lines, and major root intrusion of the main (whole house/sewer) line
Problems with the main line will require a camera be used to help:
- Verify the main line is completely clean
- Ensure there are no underlying problems with the main line pipe, such as corrosion, cracks, separations, and roots
- Locate blockages that can’t be cleared
- Eliminate recurrence of the problem