Did you know nearly half of what you spend in energy costs goes toward heating and cooling your home? Here’s a checklist to make sure your Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system is working as efficiently as possible to keep your home comfortable.
- Prepare your HVAC system for the season. Tune up your HVAC equipment to get it ready to be called into action! A system check-up includes assessing all electrical connections and controls to be sure the system starts, operates and shuts off properly.
- Change your system’s air filters regularly. Filters help to prevent dust and dirt from building up in the system and making it work harder to keep you warm or cool, but can’t do much if they are blocked. Filters should be changed at a minimum every three months and more frequently depending on the size of the home and whether you have pets.
- Seal your ducts. Leaks in your home’s air ducts can waste up to 30 percent of the air that moves through the system, putting more strain on the system to keep up. Make sure your ducts in attics, crawlspaces and unfinished basements are well-sealed using a mastic sealant or metal tape. A professional contractor can help to make sure there aren’t leaks from ducts you can’t access.
- Clean ducts for efficiency. If your home was recently renovated or if you have pets, duct cleaning can also help to improve the quality of the air inside your home and increase your home’s HVAC system.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Keep your system from working hard when no one is home. A smart, programmable thermostat like the popular Nest thermostat, can help make sure your HVAC system adjusts with the schedule your home demands. Smart thermostats can also provide data so you can track and manage your home’s energy resources.
- Consider an upgrade of older units. HVAC system that are ten years or older just simply don’t include the most energy-efficient equipment. Newer systems with ENERGY STAR rated equipment can help reduce your energy costs and make your home more comfortable. Any system should be properly installed by a professional to make sure it works correctly and safely.
The changing season is a great reminder that now’s the time to try some of these troubleshooting tips to make your system more efficient. APOLLO HOME experts can help with repairs to your HVAC system and preventative maintenance to keep your family comfortable. Our team can also help determine if it’s time to replace your HVAC system and determine which one is right for you. Call APOLLO HOME today for all your HVAC system needs.
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.