When you’re in the process of purchasing a new heat pump, preparing for the heat pump installation will ensure that you get the highest possible efficiency.
Addressing these seven issues before installation will help you cover the major factors that can impact the long-term conditioning costs:
- Make your home as energy efficient as possible. Some projects, such as adding insulation to the attic and sealing air leaks, are inexpensive and contribute to better efficiency for years to come. A home that’s as efficient as possible may not need as large a heat pump, which means you’ll save money on its purchase and ongoing conditioning bills.
- Ask the HVAC contractor to carefully assess your ductwork. It should be installed inside the insulated area of your home to minimize thermal losses.
- Verify that the contractor will test the ductwork for air leaks. The leakage should be no more than 10 percent of the system’s airflow. The ductwork is a significant part of the heat pump installation, helping to keep energy bills lower.
- Be certain that the contractor will fasten the ductwork joints with mastic. Duct tape should never be used because its adhesive doesn’t last long enough and the joints can separate quickly, driving up energy bills and lowering your indoor air quality.
- Wrap the ductwork with insulation that has a value of R-8 if it has to run through unconditioned spaces like the basement or the attic.
- Request a return register in each room of your home to boost airflow through the heat pump’s indoor blower.
- Choose a space for the outdoor condenser for the heat pump that receives little or no sunshine. It will make a difference in the cooling efficiency in the summer. Make sure that there is plenty of space on all four sides for adequate ventilation. Placing it away from vegetation that creates a lot of litter will help keep the area cleaner, increasing the efficiency of the heat pump.
If you would like to learn more about heat pump installation, contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. We’ve provided HVAC services for the greater Cincinnati area since 1910.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.