5 Reasons to Have a Handyman Install LED Motion Sensor Lights at Your Cincy Home
Homeowners utilize handyman services to install motion sensor lights. These LED arrays illuminate outdoor areas efficiently and only when light is actually required. Ever-increasing electricity rates make leaving manually-switched lights on for hours prohibitive. Moreover, flooding the yard, garage, driveway or patio with continuous light usually isn’t necessary for adequate security. Infrared motion sensor lights detect the motion of humans and automatically energize LED arrays that produce bright, white light, particularly suitable for thoroughly illuminating dark outdoor areas. Home security experts cite five reasons to have an experienced handyman install motion sensor lights on your property:
- Superior efficiency – Utilizing light emitting diodes (LEDs) instead of incandescent bulbs or a fluorescent tube, LED light arrays are the gold standard for low electrical consumption. An LED light bulb that consumes only 6 to 8 watts of electricity delivers as much light as a standard 60-watt incandescent bulb or a 15-watt compact fluorescent.
- Switchless lighting – Venturing into a darkened garage or a patio area can be hazardous even if the light switch is just a few feet away. A motion sensor light immediately senses your presence and turns on the light faster than you could stumble to the switch. When you’re safely back inside, the light turns off after a pre-set interval.
- Crime deterrence – House burglars prefer two conditions: A residence where nobody’s home and an unlit spot to break in. Motion sensor lights activate automatically to create the impression of an occupied house. Well-lit premises also deprive burglars of the cover of darkness.
- Universal installation – LED lights function well under all conditions. Compact fluorescents take longer to reach full brightness in cold temperatures. Incandescent lights burn out frequently, making bulbs mounted in high or difficult-to-reach fixtures a chore to replace.
- Adjustments – LED motion sensor lights incorporate adjustable sensitivity. Most models offer controls that modify both the range of the sensor and the size of the targets that activate the light. This reduces unwanted activation from small animals or distant movements off your property.
For details about professional service to install motion sensor lights, contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. We proudly serve greater Cincinnati.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.