How to Determine if Your Home Needs an Electrical Wiring Check
Longevity and safety of a home rest in no small degree on its wiring, which is why homeowners may need electrical services in Cincinnati if they experience anything out-of-the ordinary. Neglecting old wiring and appliances could put you at risk for an unpleasant surprise at best, and a major loss, at worst. If you experience any of these issues associated with electrical wiring, it could be time to call in a professional:
- Lights flicker when another appliance or device turns on.
- Circuit breakers trip or fuses blow for no apparent reason.
- A faceplate for a switch or receptacle has discolored or shows signs of soot.
- The smell of burning rubber.
- Cords or plugs are hot.
- Outlets wiggle when you remove a plug.
- Evidence of aluminum or knob and tube wiring.