Have you thought about having a ventilation system installed in your greater Cincinnati home? One huge perk to having proper ventilation is improved indoor air quality. Because poor air quality can cause health issues, it’s imperative that you choose the right system for ventilating for your home.
Types of Ventilation Systems
When choosing a ventilation system, you must find one that will work best with the type of home you have, as well as the climate in which you live.
- Exhaust – This type of system works well in colder climates. The main purpose is to depressurize your home. It works to remove the moist air that can cause indoor mold growth.
- Supply – A supply system works well in both hot and cold climates. It serves to pressurize your home. It works by bringing fresh air in from outside.
- Balanced – This system that works well in all climates. It brings in fresh air and eliminates equal amounts of polluted air.
- Energy recovery systems and heat recovery systems – This system is used to ventilate a house while controlling the temperature. This system helps to reduce heating and cooling costs.
Features of Ventilation Systems
There are a few important features you should look for when considering a ventilation system for your home.
- Be aware of the noise ventilation systems can create. If you don’t want to hear the system, make sure that you purchase one with the sound rating of 1 sone.
- Fans should be installed that allow the air to be distributed throughout the entire house. This helps to provide the whole house with high quality air, rather than just ventilating a single room.
- Bringing in outdoor air can also bring in negative pollutants. Having a good filtration system in your home is important.
To learn more about ventilation for your greater Cincinnati home, please contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. We’re proud to serve the HVAC and plumbing needs of area homeowners.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.