Looking for a qualified HVAC contractor for your greater Cincinnati area home? Choosing the right person is one of the best ways to ensure that your heating and cooling equipment is always taken care of.
To assist you with the decision, we’ve compiled 10 tips to follow:
- Ask friends and family members – When you’re searching for a reputable contractor, who better to point you in the right direction than friends and family?
- Contact references – Any good HVAC contractor is going to have a long list of satisfied customers. Have them provide you with a few names, and ask the customers about the service they received.
- Do some research – It’s a good idea to know of local license and insurance requirements. Inquire about these when choosing a contractor.
- Search for discounts – Many HVAC companies will offer special deals or online coupons to pull in new customers. This can be a great reason to try someone out.
- Be prepared for a home evaluation – A reputable contractor will want to perform an evaluation of your home, so that he or she can get a feel for your needs.
- Confirm Energy Star products – A good technician should only want to use products that are backed by the Energy Star logo to ensure that you get the best energy efficiency available.
- Study the Energy Star guide – This online guide is all the information you’ll ever need to know about the program.
- Use written proposals – Don’t allow a contractor to begin work until a contract has been signed that lays out every detail of the project.
- Compare itemized estimates – When accepting bids on a job, compare them not only by the lowest cost, but also take into account details such as energy efficiency and warranties.
- Spread the word – If you have a good experience with a contractor, be sure to let your friends and family know or write a positive review about them online.
For more information about hiring an HVAC contractor, or for home comfort questions, please contact the professionals at Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. We’ve been serving the HVAC needs of the greater Cincinnati area since 1910.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.