10 Tips to Help You Choose a Qualified HVAC Contractor in Cincinnati
Looking for a qualified HVAC contractor for your greater Cincinnati area home? Choosing the right person is one of the best ways to ensure that your heating and cooling equipment is always taken care of. To assist you with the decision, we’ve compiled 10 tips to follow:
- Ask friends and family members – When you’re searching for a reputable contractor, who better to point you in the right direction than friends and family?
- Contact references – Any good HVAC contractor is going to have a long list of satisfied customers. Have them provide you with a few names, and ask the customers about the service they received.
- Do some research – It’s a good idea to know of local license and insurance requirements. Inquire about these when choosing a contractor.
- Search for discounts – Many HVAC companies will offer special deals or online coupons to pull in new customers. This can be a great reason to try someone out.
- Be prepared for a home evaluation – A reputable contractor will want to perform an evaluation of your home, so that he or she can get a feel for your needs.
- Confirm Energy Star products – A good technician should only want to use products that are backed by the Energy Star logo to ensure that you get the best energy efficiency available.
- Study the Energy Star guide – This online guide is all the information you’ll ever need to know about the program.
- Use written proposals – Don’t allow a contractor to begin work until a contract has been signed that lays out every detail of the project.
- Compare itemized estimates – When accepting bids on a job, compare them not only by the lowest cost, but also take into account details such as energy efficiency and warranties.
- Spread the word – If you have a good experience with a contractor, be sure to let your friends and family know or write a positive review about them online.