Installing a New Air Conditioner in Your Cincy Home? Do It This Fall
Installing a new air conditioner doesn’t have to be an inconvenient, budget-draining ordeal if it’s timed right. Fall is the best time to replace an older air conditioner, and here’s why:
- Scheduling flexibility – The summer season is a hectic time of year for reputable HVAC professionals who are busy servicing and repairing cooling equipment. Once the fall arrives, it’s easier to schedule an equipment installation with the knowledgeable, experienced contractor of your choosing.
- Significant savings – HVAC pros need to stay busy year round because they have employees to pay and overhead costs to meet. This means they’re motivated to offer discounts on new equipment installations to keep their schedule booked up in between the cooling and heating seasons.
- No loss of comfort – Replacing an air conditioner when the weather cools down in the fall allows you to avoid any discomfort from excessive heat and humidity. If you decide to wait to see if the equipment can last one more season, you may have to suffer through an emergency installation if the A/C fails in the middle of summer.
- Equipment sizing – When sizing equipment, knowledgeable contractors take various criteria into consideration, including the home’s square footage, orientation, insulation and number of windows, and then perform a detailed load calculation.
- Correct installation – Expert HVAC contractors understand the importance of installation factors that impact proper operation and efficiency, such as the compatibility and placement of the equipment, and the design and condition of the ductwork.
- Equipment efficiency – When choosing cooling equipment, it’s vital to weigh upfront costs versus lifetime operating costs. Contractors should willingly provide this data for air conditioners with various seasonal energy efficiency ratios (SEER) so you can make a wise choice.