Installing a New Air Conditioner in Your Cincy Home? Do It This Fall
Installing a new air conditioner doesn’t have to be an inconvenient, budget-draining ordeal if it’s timed right. Fall is the best time to replace an older air conditioner, and here’s why:
- Scheduling flexibility – The summer season is a hectic time of year for reputable HVAC professionals who are busy servicing and repairing cooling equipment. Once the fall arrives, it’s easier to schedule an equipment installation with the knowledgeable, experienced contractor of your choosing.
- Significant savings – HVAC pros need to stay busy year round because they have employees to pay and overhead costs to meet. This means they’re motivated to offer discounts on new equipment installations to keep their schedule booked up in between the cooling and heating seasons.
- No loss of comfort – Replacing an air conditioner when the weather cools down in the fall allows you to avoid any discomfort from excessive heat and humidity. If you decide to wait to see if the equipment can last one more season, you may have to suffer through an emergency installation if the A/C fails in the middle of summer.
Tips for Installing a New Air Conditioner
Deciding to replace an older A/C in the fall is smart, but to get the full benefit of the new equipment, make sure you discuss these critical factors with prospective contractors:
- Equipment sizing – When sizing equipment, knowledgeable contractors take various criteria into consideration, including the home’s square footage, orientation, insulation and number of windows, and then perform a detailed load calculation.
- Correct installation – Expert HVAC contractors understand the importance of installation factors that impact proper operation and efficiency, such as the compatibility and placement of the equipment, and the design and condition of the ductwork.
- Equipment efficiency – When choosing cooling equipment, it’s vital to weigh upfront costs versus lifetime operating costs. Contractors should willingly provide this data for air conditioners with various seasonal energy efficiency ratios (SEER) so you can make a wise choice.
If you’re considering installing a new air conditioner in your greater Cincinnati area home this fall, contact us at Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing today.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.