Eight (8) Considerations When Choosing an HVAC Service Provider
There are quite a few heating, cooling, air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing service companies in the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky market. So, how can you narrow the list when you need to call on one for your home repairs?
- A good reputation speaks for itself; start by asking your neighbors and friends who they have used to work on their systems and their experiences.
- Home improvement store employees, from Lowes or Home Depot, are also an excellent resource when searching for almost any kind of contractor.
- A contractor who is bonded, licensed and insured is a must. Checking with Angie’s List www.AngiesList.com and the Better Business Bureau https://www.bbb.org/ will provide great insight into what kind of experience you will have with a particular company.
- Ask about pricing and hours up front. Once required service is determined, make sure you approve of the cost before work is started. If technicians are available 24 hours-a-day, check to see if pricing is more expensive after normal working hours.
- Educated technicians, who have attended trade-specific vocational schools and training programs and keep up with the industry changes, are more likely to do a good job. Technicians who are affiliated with HVAC professional organizations like North American Technician Excellence (NATE), Inc., the leading non-profit certification program for technicians, is also a plus. https://www.natex.org/
- When scheduling the appointment, inquire about how much experience the technician(s) has on your specific HVAC system.
- Knowing if the company’s trucks are well-stocked with the necessary parts for a wide variety of repairs can save you a great deal of time. A service call of any kind can be a hassle; having to spend additional time waiting for a technician to locate the right part makes the situation inconvenient.
- And finally, most companies have web pages that provide a wealth of information to the consumer. Customer reviews, years in business, company history and other insightful information are often available to help you make a good choice.
If you have had an experience with a service repair company and have additional advice to share, please comment, so others can learn from you!
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.