Is Duct Cleaning a Worthy Investment for Your Ohio Home?
If you’re wondering whether duct cleaning is a worthy investment to make in your Ohio home, remember that dust collects throughout the house — on every single piece of furniture, on your bedding, on your floors and window ledges — as well as within your ducts. Worse, every time your furnace or air conditioner kicks on, the dust and particles in your ducts get carried to every room in your home. Specific issues and problems make duct cleaning a smart investment, including:
- If you have pets, whose dander can settle in your ducts
- If someone in your home smokes
- If someone in your home suffers from allergies, asthma or other respiratory infections. Although the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency cautions that clean ducts do not make health problems disappear, many physicians note that their patients feel some relief from their symptoms after a cleaning.
- If a remodeling or building project has just wrapped up at your home
- If the airflow in your home varies widely, from one level to the next or even room to room on the same floor
- If you suspect that mold is developing in your ducts, particularly after a flood or other water damage
- If you suspect that insects, rodents or even small animals have taken refuge in your ducts
- If piles of dust are found near the air registers