5 Decisions That May Void That Valuable HVAC Warranty
With an investment as great as an HVAC system, it’s reassuring to know that manufacturers back their heating and cooling equipment with a warranty. Maintaining the validity of this document isn’t hard, but it does require that you understand the terms and conditions of the agreement and the importance of regular professional maintenance. Voiding an HVAC warranty is easier than you think, but it’s also preventable, as long as you refrain from making these five common mistakes. The specifics of a warranty may vary between manufacturers, but similarities do exist:
- Lack of control over installation means you won’t find a warranty that covers parts and labor for the life of the equipment.
- Most agreements only cover parts verified to be defective by a licensed contractor.
- Only major parts are typically covered, leaving the homeowner responsible for the cost of air filters, lubrication, electrical wiring and more.
- Not registering the warranty. Determine if you need to register the document and within what time frame. Late registration can lead to voiding an HVAC warranty or significantly reducing its length.
- Failing to ensure proper installation. Hire a reputable, licensed contractor for new installation. Ask for recommendations from family and friends, and check references and credentials before making your selection.
- Using aftermarket replacement parts. Aftermarket parts may be cheaper, but they can cost you more in the long run. Most manufacturers won’t guarantee another company’s products and using them may nullify an HVAC warranty.
- Skipping out on annual maintenance. Having HVAC equipment inspected, cleaned and tuned each year can help increase efficiency and comfort and prevent major repairs. Failure to do so may also void the warranty due to neglect.
- Throwing away receipts. The manufacturer may ask for proof of maintenance or repairs, so it’s important you keep all receipts and know where they are.
“Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept...”
“We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make ...”
“The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment t...”
“I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie ...”
“Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s w...”
Peace of Mind
On Time Service
JOIN OUR TEAM