Consider an Electrical Wiring Upgrade If You Notice These Warning Signs
An electrical wiring upgrade may not be at the top of your list for appealing home improvements, but doing so could save your life and your home. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, faulty wiring causes more residential fires than any other reason. Older homes weren’t constructed to accommodate the power demands we now make, and as a result, you could be overloading the wiring, or the wiring may be unsafe due to aging.
Warning Signs That an Electrical Wiring Upgrade Is NeededIf you notice any of these situations around your home, it may be time to have your wiring checked out by a trusted professional.
- Lights flicker for no reason
- Circuit breakers trip or fuses blow frequently
- Discolored, stained or hot electrical receptacles or outlets
- An appliance that gives off the odor of burning rubber
- Two-pronged outlets throughout your home
- No GFI outlets
- Knob and tube and wiring in the attic
- Noticeably frayed or exposed wires
- Aluminum wiring