Google Nest Thermostat Installation
Heating and cooling account for half of your monthly utility bills. As a result, home comfort and efficiency depend largely on what thermostat you have. Google Nest is a leader in energy-efficient thermostats, with two high-end models available through Apollo Home. Our professional team is thoroughly trained in the Nest brand and can expertly advise you on this home comfort investment.Learn more about the Nest thermostats we offer. Then, contact us at (513) 268-8400 to ask questions or schedule installation in your Cincinnati, OH home.
About Google Nest ThermostatsThe third-generation Nest Learning Thermostat 3 saves energy and communicates better than ever. Simply program the thermostat for each day of the week, and this ingenious device will “remember” your preferences, adjusting the schedule over time to effortlessly match your family’s needs. The Nest Thermostat E might be a suitable choice if you’re looking for an affordable Wi-Fi thermostat without the learning capabilities. Here are some of the top features of both Nest thermostats:
- Remote control: Monitor and adjust the temperature from your sofa, on your way home from work, or while you’re gone on a business trip. All you need is an internet-enabled device and a Wi-Fi connection.
- Voice control: Don’t want to grab your phone? Nest works with Google Assistant, allowing you to change the temperature with your voice.
- Efficiency reports: Keep track of your energy use with daily and monthly reports. Nest can even inform you of additional saving opportunities.
- HVAC maintenance and service alerts: You’ll receive mobile notifications when your HVAC filter needs to be replaced. Service alerts also inform you if your furnace or air conditioner is performing strangely.
- Weather change alerts: Nest can tell you if sudden weather changes are forecasted, so you have time to adjust the settings as needed.
Benefits of Nest ThermostatsWith Nest, comfort is a breeze. Consider why investing in a smart or learning thermostat is worth the cost:
- Improved efficiency: Independent data shows that using a Nest thermostat as recommended can save you 10 to 15 percent on your heating and cooling costs, allowing the device to pay for itself in under two years.
- Energy rebates: Depending on your energy provider, installing a Nest thermostat may qualify you for a rebate or refund, saving you even more.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you will be notified of discrepancies—such as a short-cycling air conditioner or a temperature drop so low your pipes could burst—offers priceless peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nest Thermostats
Is my home compatible with Nest?
Most HVAC equipment and fuel types work with Nest. If your existing thermostat doesn’t have a common (C) wire, it may be necessary to install one. An internet connection is also required to utilize Nest’s smart features.
What kind of data does Nest collect?
Nest only collects the data necessary to provide a great user experience, including the setup information you provide, manual inputs, environmental data, heating and cooling usage, and technical information from the device.
What warranty coverage is available?
The Nest Learning Thermostat 3 comes with a two-year limited warranty. The Nest Thermostat E is covered by a one-year limited warranty.