Schedule Service Today
Does your thermostat say it’s 72 degrees, but it feels more like 78? Older thermostats may lose their accuracy over time and gather or show data incorrectly. Some houses have thermostats that are decades old and need to be replaced.
Programmable vs. Smart Thermostat
A programmable thermostat is a nice upgrade from the regular manual set thermostats of the past. You can program when you’ll be in the house or away and adjust the temperature accordingly. You can set times for every day of the week, morning and evening.
Smart thermostats take this a step further. You can program the thermostat from an app on your phone, which is often way more user-friendly than the regular programmable thermostat. The smart thermostat then learns your routine and adjusts the thermostat program accordingly, dialing in on efficiency. It will even know when daylight savings is coming and adjust for that as well.
Features of a Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats offer many benefits and features that are very user-friendly.
- Remote control: Control your HVAC from anywhere – from your couch, bed, on your way home from work, or even while going off on a weeklong trip.
- Voice control: They are compatible with other smart home devices, like Google Home or Alexa. This lets you adjust the thermostat from your phone or use a voice command like, “Hey Google, turn the thermostat down two degrees.”
- HVAC maintenance and service alerts: Your smart thermostat will tell you when the air filter needs to be replaced, or your A/C is due for a maintenance check-up.
- Efficiency reports: Your thermostat will keep track of energy usage and give you reports of trends and even additional saving opportunities.
- Weather change alerts: Smart thermostats can tell you when sudden weather changes are forecasted so you can plan accordingly.
Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
Here are a few benefits of installing a smart thermostat:
- Energy savings: Smart thermostats will “learn” your schedule, allowing for more efficiency in heating and cooling. They also gather information like indoor and outdoor temperature, how long it takes to heat or cool your house, or your home’s humidity levels and adjust accordingly. The Google Nest smart thermostat has been certified by the EPA as an Energy Star product in 2017; independent data has shown an average savings of 10-12% on heating and 15% on air conditioning costs.
- Energy Rebates: Many energy providers give rebates for installing a smart thermostat. Ask your energy provider for more information.
- Peace of mind: It’s good to know that your thermostat is looking for discrepancies like HVAC short-cycling or will be ready for a huge drop in temperature that could freeze and burst your pipes.
Professional Smart Thermostat Installation
Apollo Home can help you determine which smart thermostat is right for you. We can pinpoint the best spot for installation and then hardwire and install the device. We can educate you on its features and benefits and get the most out of your new smart home thermostat.
Apollo Home offers smart thermostat installation in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Contact us today for more information.
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.
Apollo Care Plan
Current Offers & Promotions
$99 Off Security Camera or Outdoor Outlet Installations
Offer Code: 99OFF
$50 Off Any Repair
Offer Code: Repair50
As low as $19/Weekly for a new, high-efficiency HVAC System
$67 Plumbing System Evaluation
Offer Code: 67PLUM