Is the person who comes to your home to perform HVAC installation, maintenance or repair a NATE certified technician? It’s important to ask before you schedule a service call with any HVAC contractor. Today’s cooling and heating systems incorporate complex technology that requires trained, certified field technicians. The published energy-efficiency and performance specifications of air conditioners and furnaces — as well as a unit’s expected service life — are all based on the assumption that installation, maintenance and repair are carried out by competent individuals with the proper level of training and expertise. To ensure the person who knocks on your door to do the job is qualified, make sure they’re a NATE certified technician.
NATE Stands for Excellence
Short for North American Technician Excellence, NATE is a non-profit program funded by the HVAC industry to certify the knowledge and skills of heating and cooling field technicians who make up the front line of the industry. NATE certification begins with a comprehensive core examination to verify the knowledge level and ability of candidates. This is followed by a second examination covering an area of specialization chosen by the technician. Following certification, a technician must also complete specified classroom hours over the ensuing years to stay current with advancing HVAC technology and remain eligible for re-certification.
Today, more than 32,000 technicians have earned NATE certification and are on the job across North America. For the homeowner, doing business with a contractor who hires NATE certified technicians provides assurance of the following benefits:
- Lower energy consumption and operating costs from professional installation and maintenance that meets manufacturer’s specifications.
- Optimum system performance to ensure proper heating, cooling and indoor air quality.
- A job that’s done right the first time without the need for callbacks.
- A trained, experienced professional at your service who is fully qualified to answer your questions and provide informed, helpful advice.
- Quick, efficient work utilizing techniques and technology that meet industry standards.
Apollo Home Heating, Cooling, Electric and Plumbing is proud to dispatch a NATE certified technician to handle your heating and cooling installation or service calls. Contact us for more information.