Tile is one of the most popular materials for kitchen backsplashes. Even with your options narrowed down this far, you still have plenty of decisions to make when you replace your kitchen backsplash. Use these layouts and design ideas to inspire a unique look in your kitchen.
Tile Types to Replace Your Kitchen Backsplash
- Diagonal tile: Make ordinary square tiles look more appealing by arranging them diagonally. This layout is more labor intensive and requires you to purchase about 10 percent more tiles than you think you need to adequately cover the space.
- Boldly patterned tile: With the right selection, you can purchase tiles that create a larger pattern when pieced together. This look is great if you replace a kitchen backsplash that goes all the way to the ceiling. The end product resembles wall paper.
- Subway tile: This type of tile is cut in thin rectangular shapes, resembling the bricks used in subway stations. This option is a lasting classic that stands the test of time.
- Herringbone tile: Lay elongated rectangular tiles in V-shapes and you have a herringbone design. This visually stunning option adds an interesting focal point to your kitchen.
- Specialty tile: Not all backsplashes must be made with square or rectangular tiles. Unique shapes make your kitchen backsplash stand out from others you have seen.
- Laser-cut tile: Intricate, custom patterns with different shapes are possible with laser-cut tile. The pieces are arranged like a puzzle that fits together perfectly.
- Custom mosaic tile: While it requires a bigger budget, a custom mosaic backsplash can make a beautiful addition to your kitchen. Tiny, expertly trimmed tiles come together to make a stunning design or picture on the wall behind your countertop.
If you’re looking for a professional handyman to replace your kitchen backsplash, Apollo Home Handyman Services is the company for the job. We only send the best craftsmen to your home to complete the work, and we provide estimates before the job begins. To learn more about what you need to do to replace your kitchen backsplash, please contact us today. We have proudly served residents in the Greater Cincinnati area for over 100 years.