There can be more to your fireplace mantel than just a spot to place family photos and souvenirs. With the large variety of mantel types available, there’s no need to stick with the standard brick mantel. Yours can match your home’s interior design style and become an interesting focal point in and of itself. But before you hire a handyman to install a mantel, learn about the different materials and designs to choose from, as well as how the different options can add to your home’s esthetic appeal. Find the right style for your home, and your family will have even more reason to gather around the fire.
Different Fireplace Mantel Options
- Cast stone – Cast stone mantels have a classic, elegant look to them, but there are still many construction styles allowing you to incorporate your personal taste.
- Railroad tie – A railroad tie fireplace mantel adds rustic charm. It’s also not something you see too often, so it’s sure to be the topic of conversation when guests visit.
- Limestone – If you favor a more contemporary look, limestone may be the perfect material from which to craft a mantel. There are many types, styles and price ranges available as well.
- Stainless steel – Obtain a modern, clean look with a stainless steel mantel, just be sure it’s not too close to the flames, as this material can heat quickly.
- Tile – There are many shapes, colors and textures when it comes to tile, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to design ideas for your mantel. Additionally, tile can be installed over existing materials to make it easier and to cut back the project’s requirements.
- Log – Like the railroad tie mantel, a log mantel has a homey, country feel. Even if you use a gnarly log, rough edges can be sawed down to create an even surface for those picture frames.
Do you need a handyman you can count on to install a mantel? Please feel free to contact us at Apollo Home Handyman Services anytime. We’ve been proudly serving the greater Cincinnati area since 1910.
Image via Shutterstock.com