Cincinnati may not be Punxsutawney, but we still wait on “Phil” to let us know if we’ll see a warm-up or stay cool. According to legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If he does not see his shadow, there will be an early spring. Either way, this is a good time to set up an HVAC maintenance plan for your systems.
Regardless of whether you’ll need your AC or your furnace more, Apollo Home provides you peace of mind by focusing on the health, comfort, safety and efficiency of your home with an HVAC maintenance plan for your needs. We take a proactive approach to maintaining your home because properly maintained equipment operates safely and at maximum efficiency, saving you money on utility costs and extending the life of your systems.
A typical maintenance inspection includes:
- Checking the thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable while you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tightening all electrical connections and measuring voltage and current on motors, as faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricating all moving parts because parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Inspecting the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). When a drain gets clogged up it can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Checking controls of your system to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Finally, checking the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates and shuts off properly.
When you look at it, there really is a lot of tasks best left up to the professionals. The Apollo Care Plan guarantees your home is prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws your way and provides the peace of mind that your HVAC system will run properly and efficiently. The Apollo Care Plan includes two maintenance visits, one for heating and one for cooling, as well as a plumbing evaluation, electrical evaluation, priority service, discounted trip charge and discount on any repairs needed. Properly maintained equipment will operate safely and at maximum efficiency saving you on utility costs and extending the life of your systems.
Apollo Home has been helping homeowners find the best solutions to their heating and cooling needs in Greater Cincinnati for more than 100 years, whether it’s repairing furnaces or air conditioners or improving indoor air quality (IAQ). Our trained and insured technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year! Schedule your Apollo Home HVAC maintenance plan today by calling 513-268-8400!