The windows and doors in your greater Cincinnati home are part of what makes the house unique. But this uniqueness can bring trouble when it comes to choosing and hanging curtains, blinds, shutters and other door or window coverings. You may find that you need help hanging window treatments when you have large or arched windows, glass doors, transoms, sliding panels or other special window/door configurations. You could opt to leave them free of draperies, but what about privacy? What about protecting nearby furniture from fading in sunlight?
Get Professional Handyman Help for Hard-to-Reach Windows
For a convenient, budget-friendly way to add or change complicated window coverings on challenging doors and windows, contact an experienced handyman. Save time and frustration when you need help hanging window treatments while avoiding damage to your windows.
To accent your home’s architectural features and add to its appeal, consider these window-covering solutions:
- French doors – Add floor-to-ceiling drapery panels on each door for the illusion of a single, expansive picture window.
- Arched windows – They’re strikingly beautiful, but balancing privacy needs and aesthetic concerns may be challenging. Ask your handyman to install a drapery rod above and extending beyond the arch. Drapery panels can then be pulled to the sides of the windows, allowing the full arch shape to be appreciated. Traversing rods allow you to easily pull the drapes with cords or rod handles.
- Sliding glass doors or patio doors – Try cellular shades. Energy-saving honeycomb design protects your home from cold/heat, while offering privacy.
- Windowed front doors – Use sheer fabric, perhaps cinched or gathered, to let light in but limit visibility. You get privacy without darkening the space.
- Louvered shutters – Instead of or in addition to fabric curtains on any window or door, consider louvered shutters. Wooden or synthetic shutters can elevate the room’s design, adding an architectural element in the form of functional, stylish window treatments.
For help hanging window treatments, call on the handyman services offered by Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. Get great-looking windows and properly functioning blinds and drapes effortlessly.
Image via Shutterstock.com