While some household projects are suitable for do-it-yourselfers, tasks for a handyman generally require a higher level of expertise, physical effort or perhaps specific tools not in most homeowner’s collection. When issues arise around the house that you can’t take on yourself or simply don’t have time for, a professional handyman can fill the gap and get the job done.
When it’s not doable for the do-it-yourselfer, here are examples of some of the tasks for a handyman.
- Simple plumbing issues – Leave the major plumbing projects to a licensed plumber. However, when you need a leaky faucet fixed or a water connection made to a new fixture, a handyman can handle it.
- Caulking and weatherstripping – Is your home leaking warm air out or hot air in and raising utility bills? A handyman can take on the tedious task of sealing cracks and gaps in the structure with caulk and weatherstripping doors and windows.
- Refinishing decks and porches – We know how sun exposure fades and degrades these outdoor add-ons. Also, how laborious refinishing can be. A handyman can spend the time and trouble required to restore them to like-new appearance.
- Cleaning gutters – It’s messy and dangerous, but it’s got to be done. Let a handyman scale the ladder and roof to clean the gutters before overflowing water infiltrates exterior walls and causes interior water damage. He can also install gutter guards to make cleaning less frequent.
- Exterior chores – Got a missing shingle or an awning that needs repair? A handyman’s got the tools and experience to repair outdoor essentials you may not have the time to get around to.
- Small painting projects – While the bigger jobs are for crews that charge by the project, a handyman’s per-hour rate is perfect for getting a garage door painted or touching-up indoor spots.
- Wall hangings – Need a picture or mirror hung or curtains installed? Maybe you’re up for it yourself or maybe you’d rather let a professional handyman deal with the nuisance and details while you enjoy the results.
To schedule tasks for a handyman around your home in greater Cincinnati, contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing.
Image via Shutterstock.com