Mother’s Day is fast approaching, which means thoughts of gifts for the one who brought you into this life are being considered. You might have thought of a potted plant, lunch, or a good book to give your mother this year. However, Apollo Home offers a different suggestion, which is a little unorthodox but a sound investment for your mother’s future. Discover the benefits and more of what a tankless water heater can do for your mother!
What Is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater might sound like a strange Mother’s Day gift, but in reality, it’s a thoughtful and reliable gift. Your mother will be speechless and grateful for years to come with a present, which provides convenience above all else. A tankless water heater is exactly like the name implies, it’s a water heater with no tank for storing water. It provides hot water at the turn of a faucet without waiting for the cold water to turn hot.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
Regardless of whether or not a tankless water heater is an unconventional gift, it poses many benefits your mother will experience throughout her lifetime. They are becoming commonplace in other parts of the country, which is another sign of their popularity among so many households. Benefits include:
- Increased Reliability: Unlike a water heater with a tank, a tankless water heater has no standby heat loss. Without losing heat, the tankless system can offer higher efficiency performance when delivering hot water to your faucets, taps, and appliances in your mother’s home. A traditional water heater poses a risk of flooding if the tank ever ruptures but a tankless has no storage compartment, decreasing the risk of flooding in your home when you least expect it.
- Flexible Installation: A water heater with a tank requires more space for installation, but a tankless water heater is more compact without a tank and takes up less space for installation. A tankless water heater can be installed on walls, and outside units can be installed with the option of an anti-freeze kit to handle the outdoor elements when the weather turns cold. Smaller tankless water heaters are available to be installed closer to faucets or appliances. These are mounted under cabinets or in closets, which keep them out of sight but still accessible for repairs.
- Longer Lifespan: Traditional water heaters last on average between 8 and 12 years depending on how often they are serviced and maintained. The average lifespan of a tankless water heater is longer, performing up to 20 years or more. A tankless water heater getting regular maintenance can last longer without suffering from performance issues. Apollo Home offers service and maintenance on your mother’s new tankless water heater to keep it running efficiently and extending its lifespan.
- Improved Convenience and Comfort: A tankless water heater provides water, which is always hot without waiting for the water to heat up, compared to traditional water heaters. Minimal power is used to heat the water, which makes washing dishes, clothes, or bathing with hot water quick and efficient. Many tankless models offer remote control function with four settings, making operating the unit easy for your mother or those in her home.
- More Savings: By using minimal power to create hot water and not wasting water while trying to heat it, a tankless water heater offers your mother savings in several ways. She will experience energy savings when her hot water is heated quickly. She will also notice a lower utility bill when less water is wasted down the drain when she is waiting for hot water to trickle out of the faucet. Tankless water heaters are more expensive than traditional units, but they offer more savings every year compared to a tanked water heater. The average savings are between 8% and 24% according to the Department of Energy, adding up to at least $100 saved every year with a tankless water heater.
Give your mother or the mother of your children a gift lasting for years to come! A tankless water heater offers many advantages compared to traditional water heaters, including more savings and hot water within seconds. Contact Apollo Home to discuss the different tankless water heater options and make this Mother’s Day the best for your mother.