Can’t decide? Let’s review pros and cons
Has your Cincinnati water bill spiked this summer? When you water the lawn, shower more, and wash swim towels, your water use increases at this time of year. Address this issue and enjoy hot water on demand with a tankless hot water heater.
Tankless? How does it function without a tank? Easy. It performs the same heating function on demand, instead of constantly heating a tank of water in your basement or garage. An idle tank loses heat and wastes energy. The tank eventually empties and leaves someone with a cold shower.
Pros of a Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Never run out of hot water. There’s no empty tank. Therefore, no running out of hot water.
- Energy efficiency. Most models are Energy Star rated. Because water is not stored in a tank, no cost is incurred from heating an idle tank. Also, there is little to no “heat loss” from a tank of heated water.
- Fueled by electricity, natural gas, or propane, tankless hot water heaters are flexible for your existing utilities. With Energy Star models, homeowners realize a savings on energy use of around 30 – 50 percent. This equals around $100 in fuel costs each year, based on usage.
- Lifespan. Traditional water heaters last about 10 – 15 years. Tankless hot water heaters average closer to 20 years, if well maintained. Save money by replacing less often.
- Space-saving. Whether you’re downsizing or want to make better use of your square footage, tankless hot water heaters are small and wall-mounted. Why? No giant tank, of course.
- Luxurious. If you plan to list your home for sale and want it to stand out, a tankless hot water heater can help. It also adds to the ambiance of a luxury master bath to have a smart appliance behind the scenes.
Cons of a Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Initial expense. For some, the initial expense is prohibitive, based on existing bills. If you find the benefits are worth pursuing, take advantage of financing through Apollo Home.
- Volume. Tankless hot water heaters are made in different sizes. If you have a large family that constantly runs the dishwasher and washing machine, a single average unit may not be enough. Homeowners address this with one larger unit or separate units on each floor of the home. Because they take so little space, you can install one on each floor of your home or at the point-of-use.
Most Homeowners Never Go Back
At Apollo Home, we frequently hear from thrilled customers who have switched to a tankless hot water. Most tell us, “we’ll never go back to the old tank model.”
Talk to Apollo Home for a free estimate and to determine which model makes the most economical sense for your family’s use.
Take Care of Your Investment
The best way to extend the life of your water heater is to routinely care for it with a preventative maintenance plan, like the Apollo Care Plan. The Plan is specially designed to preserve your home’s systems and to reduce quality time lost to inconvenient repairs.
Call the Cincinnati leader in tankless hot water heaters – Apollo Home. We’re eager to share our expertise about tankless hot water heaters and the benefits of our Apollo Care Plan.
Our friendly NATE-certified technicians are licensed, insured, and background-checked for your peace of mind. They receive ongoing training to repair any brand. They are glad to answer any questions about the service process and how to care for your equipment. Call Apollo Home today!