With winter right around the corner, it´s time to schedule a precision furnace tune-up. That way, no matter what Mother Nature has in store for Cincinnati, you´ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you won’t be left out in the cold.
Guarantee your safety and comfort
- Furnaces run by combusting — or burning — fossil fuel. This means you have fuel lines that need to be inspected, as well as an igniter that needs to be checked and possibly recalibrated. You also need to have a carbon monoxide (CO) test to make sure this poisonous gas isn’t making its way into your home.
- By getting a precision tune-up, you will ensure that your furnace runs efficiently and smoothly this winter, meaning you’ll be more comfortable. You’ll also be more comfortable when you’re out enjoying the money you’ve saved, because a well maintained furnace means lower monthly energy bills and a longer life span for your heating system.
What you can expect from a tune-up
- The safety of all pumps, valves and operating controls will be tested and corrected.
- Your thermostat, pilot, burners and electrodes will be thoroughly cleaned.
- Your blower will be checked, your filter will be inspected and replaced if needed, and all moving parts will be lubricated to help extend the life of your furnace.
- The combustion chamber will be checked for signs of cracks, soot and deformity that could indicate a carbon-monoxide hazard. Flues and venting will also be checked for obstructions that could cause a CO buildup.
- Your wiring and connections will be examined and tightened as needed, and you will be provided with a full and detailed report on what has been done, as well as any recommendations for future repairs or upgrades.
- A CO test will be conducted to rule out the presence of this dangerous gas.
Apollo Home Heating, Cooling And Plumbing is family owned and operated and has been serving Cincinnati since 1910. Our priority is keeping you comfortable. Give us a call. We’re happy to answer all of your questions, and if you need a new system, we can help you with your selection and installation.
Image via Shutterstock.com