Why Carbon Monoxide Detectors Should Be In Your Home
Carbon monoxide detectors can sense CO levels as low as 5 ppm (parts per million). Protect your family today. Infants, children, and elderly individuals with respiratory or heart ailments are provided little or no protection from deadly CO. Newer technology has increased the alert systems to amazingly low levels, and the older model standard alarms
of yesterday do not protect your family from CO poisoning. Symptoms of low-level carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, nausea, dizziness and lethargy, but get more dangerous as the CO levels builds up in the person’s body. Many of these symptoms can be mistaken as a common cold by any health professional. Protect yourself and your family and don’t get misdiagnosed.
Local home improvement stores carry CO detectors; however, they normally don’t go off until the home reaches unsafe levels of 70 ppm or higher. At that high level, it may be too late. Additionally, many of the plug-in detectors do not always allow for proper placement and may not work during power outages, so consider purchasing a battery operated detector from Apollo Home today by calling (513) 268-8400! A frequent question that arises from our customers is “How many detectors should I have in my home?” The answer is simple; you should have one monitor installed on every level of your home. Single story or ranch homes should have one detector on each end of the home. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, you should have a carbon monoxide detector centrally located outside of each separate sleeping area and on every level of your house (including the basement). Some states have statutes that require CO detectors in residential establishments, check to see if your state has any such requirements.