To many people, plumbing can be at once simple and rather frightening. You expect that when you turn on a faucet, the water will go on; when it doesn’t, panic can ensue.
Hiring a plumber who can install a faucet with ease and who is also up to the myriad challenges of a home upgrade can be a simple and calm procedure for you — if you have a plan:
- Clarify your plumbing needs. If you’re installing a new bathroom, for example, write down the fixtures that you desire and the size of the room. If your upgrade requires breaking down a wall, find out if you need a permit.
- Create a call list for your plumber research. Next to each company, leave space for the plumber’s hourly rate, whether he is licensed, bonded and insured and the all-important references.
- Confirm the status of the plumber’s license. The Ohio Construction Industry Examining Board can be reached at 614-644-3493.
- Make at least three phone calls to references supplied by the plumber. Take this process a step further before hiring a plumber by asking for the contact information of a difficult customer or one whose job was fraught with problems. Talking to these people might give you valuable insight into how the plumber conducts himself under trying circumstances.
- Meet the plumber and ensure that you can develop a good rapport with him as your home upgrade proceeds. He should be available to answer questions and be happy to give you a means to reach him after hours, just in case of an emergency.
- Read the contract carefully and be sure that it spells out the scope of the work, the anticipated start and finish dates and the project’s cost. Be clear on the payment terms. Clarify that you will purchase the plumbing fixtures (to save money).
Jump-start the process of hiring a plumber by calling Apollo Home Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. We guarantee that we’ll do everything we can to ensure that your home upgrade proceeds smoothly and efficiently. Put your mind at ease and call us for an appointment today.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.