Tips for Hiring a Professional Handyman to Tackle Work Around Your Cincinnati Home
If you want your household to run smoothly, one of the most important tasks you can take on is finding the perfect handyman to tackle home improvement needs. But hiring a professional handyman can sometimes be tricky if you don’t know what to look for. We suggest that you follow these simple tips that will help you make the right choice:
- Don’t stop at the first one – Even if the first handyman you interview seems great, it’s always advisable to interview at least a couple more for a true comparison. There’s no reason to shortchange yourself.
- Know your project – It’s important to remember that a handyman isn’t the same as a contractor. A handyman is better suited to smaller projects that don’t require a permit, such as installing light fixtures, replacing a toilet, and painting interiors.
- Be cautious – Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous handymen out there who would rather take advantage of you than do a good job. First and foremost, question any handyman who comes to your door or calls you to solicit a job. Also be wary of anyone who wants payment before the job is completed.
- Ask for a guarantee – Any reputable handyman will have no problem with guaranteeing his or her work, usually for a period of one year.
- Get everything in writing – Before any job begins, you should have everything in writing, including the aforementioned guarantee. This will protect you in the event that something goes wrong or isn’t exactly how you expected it to be.
- Inspect the work – After a project is completed, don’t just pay the handyman and let him or her go on their merry way. Before any money has exchanged hands, take a look at the handyman’s work and make sure it meets your expectations. If not, have the work corrected, inspect it again, and then pay for the work.
“Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept...”
“We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make ...”
“The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment t...”
“I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie ...”
“Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s w...”
Peace of Mind
On Time Service
JOIN OUR TEAM