Leaks, clogs and broken plumbing equipment are risks for every homeowner. With the Cincinnati area’s cold winters, frozen pipes are yet another concern for us. These problems are preventable, though. Plumbing preventive maintenance lets you avoid the mess and expense of a plumbing emergency and helps you control your water bills, too.
Benefits of Plumbing Preventive Maintenance
- Enjoy problem-free plumbing – Why hassle with a dripping faucet or blocked drain when you can easily prevent these problems with proper maintenance?
- Save on routine care – Most plumbing preventive maintenance plans offer discounts on parts and labor.
- Minimize emergency expenses – Many plumbing problems are easier and less expensive to correct when caught early. Regular plumbing tune-ups ensure minor problems are dealt with before they become major expenses.
Routine Maintenance Basics
During an annual evaluation, a plumbing expert will check over your whole system. The plumber will:
- Look over exposed pipes – Your pipes will be inspected for developing cracks, leaks and risk of winter freezing.
- Inspect fixtures – With use, your faucets, showerheads and hose nozzles can become loose or corroded. A plumbing preventive maintenance tune-up will catch this damage so it can be repaired before water-wasting drips show up. Your plumber will also use a dye test to check for hard-to-see leaks in your toilet.
- Check the drains – Slow drains are more than a nuisance. They’re a sign of impending clogs and backups. During a tune-up, your plumber will check for slow drains and take steps to get them flowing smoothly again.
- Maintain shutoff valves – Sometimes even with good maintenance, a plumbing emergency occurs. When it does, you’ll need to find a working shutoff valve quickly. Your plumber will identify, test and label your shutoff valves so they’ll be ready if you need them.
- Check equipment – Your garbage disposal, expansion tank and sump pump all sustain wear over time. During an evaluation, your plumber will note any wear or damage that requires attention. Your washer hose connections will also be checked to prevent leaks.
Haven’t had your plumbing inspected this year? Contact the pros at Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing for a checkup to keep your system running smoothly and efficiently.
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.