Thinking About a Whole-House Humidifier? How to Go About the Search
When it gets cold and dry during a Cincinnati winter, a whole-house humidifier can help keep your home comfortable and your family healthy. It does this by hooking directly to your furnace to evenly distribute moisture throughout your entire home. As you search for one that best suits your family, keep these tips in mind.
- Because the size of most whole-house humidifiers are based on the size of space they effectively serve, base your search on the size of the unit and the total square footage of your home.
- Always ask your HVAC professional about installation requirements. He or she can help you decide whether a console unit or an in-duct system is right for you.
- Most HVAC professionals recommend units with a humidifier or humidistat attached to them to measure and monitor humidity levels. They also recommend units with gauges that are easy to read and operate and have an automatic turn-off switch when humidity levels reach a specific level.
- Talk with your HVAC professional about maintenance requirements and access to your unit. It’s recommended that your unit is easily accessible for water tank refilling, filter changing and unit cleaning. Make sure to find out about availability of replacement filters, special cleaning supplies and maintenance equipment.
- Choose the best whole-house humidifier technology for your situation. For instance, if you have hard water, a warm mist or evaporative style humidifier can decrease mineral-related issues.
For information about how a whole-house humidifier can benefit your family, contact the HVAC professionals at Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. For more than 100 years, we’ve proudly served residents of the greater Cincinnati area.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.