Can’t decide? Let’s review pros and cons
Has your Cincinnati water bill spiked this summer? When you water the lawn, shower more, and wash swim towels, your water use increases at this time of year. Address this issue and enjoy hot water on demand with a tankless hot water heater.
Tankless? How does it function without a tank? Easy. It performs the same heating function on demand, instead of constantly heating a tank of water in your basement or garage. An idle tank loses heat and wastes energy. The tank eventually empties and leaves someone with a cold shower.
Pros of a Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Never run out of hot water. There’s no empty tank. Therefore, no running out of hot water.
- Energy efficiency. Most models are Energy Star rated. Because water is not stored in a tank, no cost is incurred from heating an idle tank. Also, there is little to no “heat loss” from a tank of heated water.
- Fueled by electricity, natural gas, or propane, tankless hot water heaters are flexible for your existing utilities. With Energy Star models, homeowners realize a savings on energy use of around 30 – 50 percent. This equals around $100 in fuel costs each year, based on usage.
- Lifespan. Traditional water heaters last about 10 – 15 years. Tankless hot water heaters average closer to 20 years, if well maintained. Save money by replacing less often.
- Space-saving. Whether you’re downsizing or want to make better use of your square footage, tankless hot water heaters are small and wall-mounted. Why? No giant tank, of course.
- Luxurious. If you plan to list your home for sale and want it to stand out, a tankless hot water heater can help. It also adds to the ambiance of a luxury master bath to have a smart appliance behind the scenes.
Cons of a Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Initial expense. For some, the initial expense is prohibitive, based on existing bills. If you find the benefits are worth pursuing, take advantage of financing through Apollo Home.
- Volume. Tankless hot water heaters are made in different sizes. If you have a large family that constantly runs the dishwasher and washing machine, a single average unit may not be enough. Homeowners address this with one larger unit or separate units on each floor of the home. Because they take so little space, you can install one on each floor of your home or at the point-of-use.
Most Homeowners Never Go Back
At Apollo Home, we frequently hear from thrilled customers who have switched to a tankless hot water. Most tell us, “we’ll never go back to the old tank model.”
Talk to Apollo Home for a free estimate and to determine which model makes the most economical sense for your family’s use.
Take Care of Your Investment
The best way to extend the life of your water heater is to routinely care for it with a preventative maintenance plan, like the Apollo Care Plan. The Plan is specially designed to preserve your home’s systems and to reduce quality time lost to inconvenient repairs.
Call the Cincinnati leader in tankless hot water heaters – Apollo Home. We’re eager to share our expertise about tankless hot water heaters and the benefits of our Apollo Care Plan.
Our friendly NATE-certified technicians are licensed, insured, and background-checked for your peace of mind. They receive ongoing training to repair any brand. They are glad to answer any questions about the service process and how to care for your equipment. Call Apollo Home today!
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.