Replace Your Kitchen Backsplash With One of These Top Tile Types
Tile is one of the most popular materials for kitchen backsplashes. Even with your options narrowed down this far, you still have plenty of decisions to make when you replace your kitchen backsplash. Use these layouts and design ideas to inspire a unique look in your kitchen.
Tile Types to Replace Your Kitchen Backsplash
- Diagonal tile: Make ordinary square tiles look more appealing by arranging them diagonally. This layout is more labor intensive and requires you to purchase about 10 percent more tiles than you think you need to adequately cover the space.
- Boldly patterned tile: With the right selection, you can purchase tiles that create a larger pattern when pieced together. This look is great if you replace a kitchen backsplash that goes all the way to the ceiling. The end product resembles wall paper.
- Subway tile: This type of tile is cut in thin rectangular shapes, resembling the bricks used in subway stations. This option is a lasting classic that stands the test of time.
- Herringbone tile: Lay elongated rectangular tiles in V-shapes and you have a herringbone design. This visually stunning option adds an interesting focal point to your kitchen.
- Specialty tile: Not all backsplashes must be made with square or rectangular tiles. Unique shapes make your kitchen backsplash stand out from others you have seen.
- Laser-cut tile: Intricate, custom patterns with different shapes are possible with laser-cut tile. The pieces are arranged like a puzzle that fits together perfectly.
- Custom mosaic tile: While it requires a bigger budget, a custom mosaic backsplash can make a beautiful addition to your kitchen. Tiny, expertly trimmed tiles come together to make a stunning design or picture on the wall behind your countertop.
If you’re looking for a professional handyman to replace your kitchen backsplash, Apollo Home Handyman Services is the company for the job. We only send the best craftsmen to your home to complete the work, and we provide estimates before the job begins. To learn more about what you need to do to replace your kitchen backsplash, please contact us today. We have proudly served residents in the Greater Cincinnati area for over 100 years.
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.