A Precision Furnace Tune-Up Will Give You Peace Of Mind
With winter right around the corner, it´s time to schedule a precision furnace tune-up. That way, no matter what Mother Nature has in store for Cincinnati, you´ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you won’t be left out in the cold.
Guarantee your safety and comfort
- Furnaces run by combusting — or burning — fossil fuel. This means you have fuel lines that need to be inspected, as well as an igniter that needs to be checked and possibly recalibrated. You also need to have a carbon monoxide (CO) test to make sure this poisonous gas isn’t making its way into your home.
- By getting a precision tune-up, you will ensure that your furnace runs efficiently and smoothly this winter, meaning you’ll be more comfortable. You’ll also be more comfortable when you’re out enjoying the money you’ve saved, because a well maintained furnace means lower monthly energy bills and a longer life span for your heating system.
What you can expect from a tune-up
- The safety of all pumps, valves and operating controls will be tested and corrected.
- Your thermostat, pilot, burners and electrodes will be thoroughly cleaned.
- Your blower will be checked, your filter will be inspected and replaced if needed, and all moving parts will be lubricated to help extend the life of your furnace.
- The combustion chamber will be checked for signs of cracks, soot and deformity that could indicate a carbon-monoxide hazard. Flues and venting will also be checked for obstructions that could cause a CO buildup.
- Your wiring and connections will be examined and tightened as needed, and you will be provided with a full and detailed report on what has been done, as well as any recommendations for future repairs or upgrades.
- A CO test will be conducted to rule out the presence of this dangerous gas.
Apollo Home Heating, Cooling And Plumbing is family owned and operated and has been serving Cincinnati since 1910. Our priority is keeping you comfortable. Give us a call. We’re happy to answer all of your questions, and if you need a new system, we can help you with your selection and installation.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.