Plumbing Preventive Maintenance Is Just as Important as HVAC System Tune-ups
We take plumbing for granted, but it’s one of the most important systems in the home. Pipes are more delicate than most people realize, meaning yearly TLC is a must. Here are the most important plumbing preventive maintenance tasks you should take care of each year to make sure your home is protected from unnecessary breakdowns:
- Check for leaks: Look at all the visible pipes in your home and check for any leaking—a puddle will point you in the right direction. Also, look for leaks around your home’s foundation and in wall penetrations, and inspect your ceilings and walls for any watermarks. Keep your eyes peeled for any mildew, which is caused by stagnant water.
- Test the water pressure: Adequate water pressure can make or break your shower in the morning, and this can be easily checked. If your pressure has lessened over the year, it could be due to a buildup of sediment in your water lines.
- Check all plumbing fixtures: Another important plumbing preventive maintenance tip is to check for leaks around all of your plumbing fixtures, including faucets, showerheads, laundry lines and make sure they’re soundly attached. Also check the caulking around all of your fixtures and clean the showerhead to remove sediment buildup, which can diminish your water pressure.
- Inspect your drains: Check the drains in your sinks, showers and bathtubs. Observe the drainage speed and remember, bubbling is a bad sign. If drainage is slow, you likely have a clog. Also check how your toilet drains and inspect the flushing handle for rust or any damage.
- Drain water heater: Make sure you drain your water heater each year to remove sediment and look for rust or discoloration, which can point to aging of your heater.
“Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept...”
“We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make ...”
“The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment t...”
“I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie ...”
“Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s w...”
Peace of Mind
On Time Service
JOIN OUR TEAM