Let a Pro Tackle Air Conditioner Preventative Maintenance Before the Heat Hits
How long is it going to be before the highs start hitting the 80s or 90s? You know it won’t be too long with the hot Jacksonville summer arriving soon. To ensure your A/C can keep your home cool this summer, schedule air conditioner preventative maintenance now before the heat hits. With a maintenance plan, you and your home’s HVAC system are taken care of.
Benefits of a Preventative Maintenance Plan
- An annual preventative maintenance visit helps to keep the system running on the hottest days.
- You get priority service if a breakdown should happen. You won’t have to wait as long if your A/C conks out in August.
- You get a certain percentage off any repairs you might have to make. If your air conditioner is several years old or out of warranty, this can save you quite a bit.
- With proper maintenance, you should see lower cooling bills. An efficient system uses less energy, even at times of peak use.
- You’ll enjoy fewer repairs. Proper maintenance helps prevent components from failing sooner than should be expected.
- You can get more years of service from the air conditioner before needing to replace it. Routine maintenance helps keep components running longer, which extends the life of the entire system.
What to Expect From a Maintenance CallWhen the HVAC technician performs maintenance, he will do several things, including the following tasks:
- Lubricate moving parts throughout the system
- Safety test controls, wiring and connections
- Check the blower motor for proper functioning
- Adjust blower as needed to keep air temperature drop within desire range
- Adjust the thermostat
- Record operating pressures and temperatures, then compare them to manufacturer specifications
- Flush the condensate drain to keep overflows from occurring
- Measure refrigerant levels
- Check motors and test for worn bearings