Let a Pro Tackle Air Conditioner Preventative Maintenance Before the Heat Hits
How long is it going to be before the highs start hitting the 80s or 90s? You know it won’t be too long with the hot Jacksonville summer arriving soon. To ensure your A/C can keep your home cool this summer, schedule air conditioner preventative maintenance now before the heat hits. With a maintenance plan, you and your home’s HVAC system are taken care of.
Benefits of a Preventative Maintenance Plan
- An annual preventative maintenance visit helps to keep the system running on the hottest days.
- You get priority service if a breakdown should happen. You won’t have to wait as long if your A/C conks out in August.
- You get a certain percentage off any repairs you might have to make. If your air conditioner is several years old or out of warranty, this can save you quite a bit.
- With proper maintenance, you should see lower cooling bills. An efficient system uses less energy, even at times of peak use.
- You’ll enjoy fewer repairs. Proper maintenance helps prevent components from failing sooner than should be expected.
- You can get more years of service from the air conditioner before needing to replace it. Routine maintenance helps keep components running longer, which extends the life of the entire system.
What to Expect From a Maintenance Call
When the HVAC technician performs maintenance, he will do several things, including the following tasks:
- Lubricate moving parts throughout the system
- Safety test controls, wiring and connections
- Check the blower motor for proper functioning
- Adjust blower as needed to keep air temperature drop within desire range
- Adjust the thermostat
- Record operating pressures and temperatures, then compare them to manufacturer specifications
- Flush the condensate drain to keep overflows from occurring
- Measure refrigerant levels
- Check motors and test for worn bearings
The technician will provide a written report on what was found in the completed evaluation.
If you want to learn more about an air conditioner preventative maintenance plan, contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.