Looking to Install a Mantel to Your Fireplace? Several Options to Consider
There can be more to your fireplace mantel than just a spot to place family photos and souvenirs. With the large variety of mantel types available, there’s no need to stick with the standard brick mantel. Yours can match your home’s interior design style and become an interesting focal point in and of itself. But before you hire a handyman to install a mantel, learn about the different materials and designs to choose from, as well as how the different options can add to your home’s esthetic appeal. Find the right style for your home, and your family will have even more reason to gather around the fire.
Different Fireplace Mantel Options
- Cast stone – Cast stone mantels have a classic, elegant look to them, but there are still many construction styles allowing you to incorporate your personal taste.
- Railroad tie – A railroad tie fireplace mantel adds rustic charm. It’s also not something you see too often, so it’s sure to be the topic of conversation when guests visit.
- Limestone – If you favor a more contemporary look, limestone may be the perfect material from which to craft a mantel. There are many types, styles and price ranges available as well.
- Stainless steel – Obtain a modern, clean look with a stainless steel mantel, just be sure it’s not too close to the flames, as this material can heat quickly.
- Tile – There are many shapes, colors and textures when it comes to tile, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to design ideas for your mantel. Additionally, tile can be installed over existing materials to make it easier and to cut back the project’s requirements.
- Log – Like the railroad tie mantel, a log mantel has a homey, country feel. Even if you use a gnarly log, rough edges can be sawed down to create an even surface for those picture frames.
Do you need a handyman you can count on to install a mantel? Please feel free to contact us at Apollo Home Handyman Services anytime. We’ve been proudly serving the greater Cincinnati area since 1910.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.