Is is time for your annual spring cleaning? A clean home is not only a nice home to live in but it’s a home that is free of germs, mold and all sorts of other bad organisms and substances.
Indoor air quality is one of the leading indicators of just how clean your home actually is. If your indoor air quality is lacking, then chances are your health is lacking in some way.
Here are some tips to help you enjoy a cleaner home:
- Install a germicidal light in your HVAC system to help purify the air.
- Remove shoes when entering your home. Keep slippers nearby and keep dust and dirt out of the dwelling.
- Replace sponges on a weekly basis. Sponges are breeding grounds for bacteria. You can also soak sponges in bleach for 15 minutes.
- Install a whole-house humidifier to control excess moisture that leads to mold and mildew.
- Bedding should be washed in hot water. This will control dust mites and other microscopic particles which aggravate allergies. Pillows and mattresses should be covered with allergy-proof bedding.
- Clean with microfiber cloths instead of harsh chemicals. The cloths can be washed and reused many times.
- Install an air-purification system that attacks small particles, and that will also inhibit odors and vapors.
- Minimize clutter in your home. This is where dust collects.
- Clean air conditioning and heating filters once a month. Your air will stay cleaner and your system will be more efficient.
- Keep windows closed mainly at night. This will keep pollen from entering your home.
Your home’s indoor air quality is of vital importance to keeping a clean home. Often times your indoor air quality is more contaminated than outside air. Take steps to improve indoor air quality as much as possible. You and your family’s health may depend on it.
For more on indoor air quality and all your home comfort needs, contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. For over 100 years, we have been the home comfort experts the Cincinnati area can depend on.
Image via Shutterstock.com
"Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s work to do, they came in and stayed until the job was done. They were organized, efficient, and protected the rest of the house well. Got both furnace and A/C installed the same day. Ernie was courteous, informative, and clearly knew his job better than anyone I’ve encountered before. The units look so good guests now get The Tour of our new system. Apollo is clearly not a fly-by-night company. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a new furnace and/or A/C."
- Jerry A.
"I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie came and assured me everything was fine & looked at all the other plumbing. He ended up changing a few pipes for our washer & clearing a drain. He was very nice & knowledgeable with all my questions. I ended up signing up for the care plan & was very happy with my service."
- Cassandra B.
"The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment to providing excellent service is high. From the sales rep. to the installation team, everyone’s performance was outstanding. For example, the installation team went to great lengths to protect our floors, placing floor runners and across the wood floors and up the stairs. They even were spot washing walls upon their departure. I highly recommend this company."
- Randy B.
"We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make it through the rest of the season. Upon telling Bill what our furnace was doing, he warned us immediately what the possible outcome was going to be; a cracked heat exchanger. He watched the flames roll backward, tested carbon monoxide levels, which were so high they meter’s last reading was 5,600 before saying “high”. He immediately shut it down, tagged it, and explained that with levels that high and children in our home he wanted off right away. He continued his inspection and showed us via a camera that not only was it cracked in multiple places, but had holes all over it. He gave us a few options for repairing it; his knowledge as well as genuine concern was beneficial and refreshing. Luckily we also scheduled an estimator, Micah, to come too and we were able to get costs between repairing and replacing (with several options). We decided to replace with a much higher efficiency furnace and one sized properly to our home. Hands down, not only did they both provide us great service and knowledge, but without sounding dramatic, they may have saved our lives. This was our first time calling Apollo, but it won’t be our last."
- Sarah B.
"Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept me informed during the process of checking my furnace and heat pump to make sure they were working properly. The company makes sure you are notified who is coming and when they are on the way. All my interactions with the company have been wonderful."
- Beverly S.