Hiring A Plumber? 5 Factors That Will Influence Your Choice
A plumbing issue can be a major headache. Hiring a professional you can trust to fix the problem is crucial. After all, you’ll be allowing this person to work in your home and relying on him to do a good job and do it right. Mistakes can cost you money now and affect your home value in the future. Follow these simple steps when hiring a plumber to ensure that you get what you’re paying for — expert advice and excellent service:
- Ask to see your contractor’s master plumber license from the city of Cincinnati or a suburb.
- Make sure the master plumber license is current. It should begin with the letter “M” and be included in your contractor’s advertising.
- Make sure the master plumber has a certificate of insurance on file. Hamilton County Public Health requires a $10,000 performance bond to ensure that jobs are completed and installed to code, but counties don’t license plumbers.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to learn about any complaints filed.
- Ask if the work planned requires a permit and evaluation from the city. To contact Cincinnati’s plumbing inspectors, go to the American Society of Plumbing Engineers website.
- Get written price estimates from three qualified contractors before you make your final choice.
- Estimates should list an overall price for the complete job — or an hourly rate — and clearly state which pricing is used. Ohio does not regulate plumbing prices.
- Each written estimate should list exactly what work is to be performed and how the company is to be paid. Make sure you understand the scope of the work.
- Be sure warranties are in writing.
- Ask for references, and check them.
- The city of Cincinnati requires plumbing permits, along with health and safety evaluations, on new and replacement installations. This includes replacement of fixtures.
“Apollo is an excellent company. I always receive great service. Alex A. was professional and friendly. He kept...”
“We scheduled an estimate AND a tune-up. We knew something was wrong with our furnace, but hoped we could make ...”
“The team at Apollo exceeded my expectations. As a business owner, my attention to the details and commitment t...”
“I called Apollo because of a water leak I thought I had in our upstairs shower going into the kitchen. Robbie ...”
“Ernie & Mike did a superb job on my new furnace and A/C installation. Despite having more than a day’s w...”
Peace of Mind
On Time Service
JOIN OUR TEAM