Schedule A Fall Precision Tune-Up For Your Furnace Now
If you recently purchased a home heating system for your Cincinnati-area home, you can skip this article. Everyone else should take note: This is an excellent time to call your HVAC expert for a furnace evaluation and precision tune-up. A professional checkup is the best, most cost-effective way to keep your furnace running like new for years to come. This checkup is just as important as the tune-up you get for your car. Soon your home-comfort professional’s calendar will begin filling up. We’re heading into heavy heating season, so call today. Your tune-up will help to ensure that your furnace is there when you need it. Equipment that doesn’t get regular preventive maintenance could send your energy bills through the roof this winter. An evaluation and precision tune-up could even uncover a gas leak or electrical problems that are putting your family at risk. Enroll in our Apollo Home 15-Point Master Tune-Up Plan for $149.00, and get a precision tune-up for your furnace. Your technician will:
- Verify correct oil pump and gas valve function.
- Correct any combustion leakage.
- Test electrical wiring and connections and tighten as needed.
- Conduct a carbon-monoxide test.
- Calibrate and clean the thermostat.
- Inspect the heat exchanger.
- Clean burners, adjusting as needed.
- Examine the draft diversion or barometric damper and flue pipe.
- Clean/adjust the pilot light assembly and electrodes.
- Inspect blower motor and belt (if applicable) for wear/malfunction.
- Change to a fresh, customer-supplied air filter, or drain the expansion tank.
- Measure and adjust pressure regulator or replace oil filter and nozzle.
- Oil motors, bearings, fans and air circulators.
- Test operating controls and safety features, adjusting as necessary.
- Prepare equipment condition report, explaining any potential problems or recommended repairs to customer.
- Perform a carbon monoxide test.