handyman service Category
While some household projects are suitable for do-it-yourselfers, tasks for a handyman generally require a higher level of expertise, physical effort or perhaps specific tools not in most homeowner’s collection. When issues arise around the house that you can’t take on yourself or simply don’t have time for, a professional handyman can fill the gap and get the job done.
- Simple plumbing issues – Leave the major plumbing projects to a licensed plumber. However, when you need a leaky faucet fixed or a water connection made to a new fixture, a handyman can handle it.
- Caulking and weatherstripping – Is your home leaking warm air out or hot air in and raising utility bills? A handyman can take on the tedious task of sealing cracks and gaps in the structure with caulk and weatherstripping doors and windows.
- Refinishing decks and porches – We know how sun exposure fades and degrades these outdoor add-ons. Also, how laborious refinishing can be. A handyman can spend the time and trouble required to restore them to like-new appearance.
- Cleaning gutters – It’s messy and dangerous, but it’s got to be done. Let a handyman scale the ladder and roof to clean the gutters before overflowing water infiltrates exterior walls and causes interior water damage. He can also install gutter guards to make cleaning less frequent.
- Exterior chores – Got a missing shingle or an awning that needs repair? A handyman’s got the tools and experience to repair outdoor essentials you may not have the time to get around to.
- Small painting projects – While the bigger jobs are for crews that charge by the project, a handyman’s per-hour rate is perfect for getting a garage door painted or touching-up indoor spots.
- Wall hangings – Need a picture or mirror hung or curtains installed? Maybe you’re up for it yourself or maybe you’d rather let a professional handyman deal with the nuisance and details while you enjoy the results.
To schedule tasks for a handyman around your home in greater Cincinnati, contact Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing.
Image via Shutterstock.com
If you want your household to run smoothly, one of the most important tasks you can take on is finding the perfect handyman to tackle home improvement needs. But hiring a professional handyman can sometimes be tricky if you don’t know what to look for. We suggest that you follow these simple tips that will help you make the right choice:
- Don’t stop at the first one – Even if the first handyman you interview seems great, it’s always advisable to interview at least a couple more for a true comparison. There’s no reason to shortchange yourself.
- Know your project – It’s important to remember that a handyman isn’t the same as a contractor. A handyman is better suited to smaller projects that don’t require a permit, such as installing light fixtures, replacing a toilet, and painting interiors.
- Be cautious – Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous handymen out there who would rather take advantage of you than do a good job. First and foremost, question any handyman who comes to your door or calls you to solicit a job. Also be wary of anyone who wants payment before the job is completed.
- Ask for a guarantee – Any reputable handyman will have no problem with guaranteeing his or her work, usually for a period of one year.
- Get everything in writing – Before any job begins, you should have everything in writing, including the aforementioned guarantee. This will protect you in the event that something goes wrong or isn’t exactly how you expected it to be.
- Inspect the work – After a project is completed, don’t just pay the handyman and let him or her go on their merry way. Before any money has exchanged hands, take a look at the handyman’s work and make sure it meets your expectations. If not, have the work corrected, inspect it again, and then pay for the work.
For more expert advice on hiring a professional handyman or for any other home comfort concerns, please contact the friendly professionals at Apollo Home Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. We’ve been serving the HVAC needs of the greater Cincinnati area since 1910.
Image via Shutterstock.com
There could be a killer lurking in your home, and you may not even know it. Carbon monoxide (CO) is one of the most insidious pollutants there is, causing of thousands of emergency room visits and hundreds of preventable deaths in the U.S. each year. To help keep your family safe, you must be diligent in preventing carbon monoxide poisoning in your home. (more…)
Gutter cleaning and repair deserve top spots on your fall maintenance list. Hiring a handyman to handle this task is the safest route to avoid potential personal injury from wobbly ladders and unstable footing. Leaving this particular fall maintenance job to the experts insures work is done quickly and properly. (more…)
When you walk across the floor of your greater Cincinnati home, are you annoyed by a strange squeaking or popping sound? Did you think your shoes might be causing it, or maybe mice? By now you know that a squeaking floorboard or tile is there to stay unless you opt for cost-effective and convenient floor repair. (more…)
For the greater Cincinnati area, the many benefits of window washing in summer begin with the beautiful views opened up to you by sparkling clean glass. But the benefits of window washing do not end there. Some less obvious advantages to clean windows can actually boost your home’s energy efficiency, saving you money this summer. (more…)
Giving your dog or cat the freedom to come inside and outside on its own provides a long list of benefits for the animal, both physically and emotionally. If you’re thinking about installing a pet door, consider the factors that will affect your pet, energy costs, safety and budget. (more…)
With summer fun just around the corner, sprucing up your Greater Cincinnati area home becomes a priority. If you plan to entertain friends and extended family on your deck, now’s the time to hire a handyman for professional deck cleaning. Some spring cleaning chores are definitely in the do-it-yourself category, but power washing a deck may not be among them. (more…)
Making the decision to install gutter guards can help reduce one of the more unpleasant DIY maintenance tasks around your home: cleaning out clogged gutters. The gutters perform a vital function of collecting rainwater runoff from your roof and diverting it away from your house into an area where it’s naturally absorbed by the landscape. When they fail to do so because they’re clogged with debris, a number of negative consequences result: (more…)
Sliding door problems can happen suddenly or develop slowly over a long period: one of those continuing annoyances you always mean to take care of but never have the time. Handyman services can get things back on the right track, literally. The track and roller system incorporated in most units is a major culprit in sliding door problems. However trouble can also arise in the latch/lock mechanism as well as the sliding screen component. (more…)